ORGANIC GARDENING - SELF-SUFFICIENCY - CHICKENS - BEES - WATER CONSERVANCY/RECLAMATION - WILDLIFE - LIVING LOCALLY - KNITTING - FRUGAL LIVING - CONSTANT, CONTINUAL LEARNING

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Okay, a little more about me. Augh!

Now that I have two blogs.  I guess I am going to consider this blog my more personal blog and Ideas on Living as my more public blog.  What that means...I have no idea.   But onward ~

I have another idea for my garden, my financial picture and my food production for this year.  No new stuff, other than maybe seeds if necessary.  I am going to try to grow my garden using only things that I already have, that I find, or that I may be given.  For example, I found a package of 4"x4" square netting about  6' long and 4' wide in my garden shed.  Still in the package.  I decided last year that it would have been nice to have larger openings in my netting for my peas and beans because the 1"x1" netting that I was using made it very difficult to get the peas/beans that grew inside the V.  With this new size netting I will at least be able to put my hand in one side of the V through to the middle for easier access.

Yesterday beautiful, 74 degrees and sunny I worked in the garden preparing a bed for something I am not sure what yet???   Bad planning I know, but I will get there.  It could be my new tomato bed or squash and cuke bed.  We'll see.

My electricity bill has lowered significantly this last couple of months, and I think that it is truly due to my conservation.  Believe it or not!  I have been more vigilant about turning off lights when I leave rooms, and making sure that everything that can be is turned off.  Such as, the computer, the printer, the speakers...etc.  I have unplugged the TVs since I only use one of them for DVD/VCR watching and I can warm it back up on my own time when I choose to watch a movie or something...which is rare.

I am a bit ashamed of my wastefulness in the past.  I don't think I even thought of myself as wasteful until I saw the drop in my bill.  I look at rooms now before I leave the house to see if anything is on...anything.  In fact as I sit here writing I am thinking about my microwave...(and you wonder why my writing is so disjointed--you should see my brain).  I am going to look for a surge protector or something similar that will allow me to turn of my toaster oven and my microwave after use.  I don't need a microwave clock, it's never on the right time anyway. :o)

As I look down the rest of my list I see that this was not a very productive week except for getting the new blog up I haven't accomplished much else.  Under achieving this week here at Powell Cottage.

No comments: