ORGANIC GARDENING - SELF-SUFFICIENCY - CHICKENS - BEES - WATER CONSERVANCY/RECLAMATION - WILDLIFE - LIVING LOCALLY - KNITTING - FRUGAL LIVING - CONSTANT, CONTINUAL LEARNING

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Garden on the Horizon


According to the calendar it is time to plant Carrots, Leeks, Leaf Lettuce, Parsnips, Radishes, Shallots and Spinach here at Powell Cottage.  The Leaf Lettuce and maybe even the Spinach will be going in the new veggie bed in the front yard...which means I had better finish it!  Carrots, Leeks, and Shallots will go in the bed with the newly planted Onions. 

I am going to mow the yards this coming weekend.  No, the grass hasn't grown, but the latest set of Red Oak leaves have fallen and I am going to use the mower to cut them to bits before using them as mulch.

I need to put start some seedlings in my hotbeds, too.  They aren't too hot right this minute, but they will be soon. 

The new greenhouse has been somewhat of a success, but I am still going to have to use the windows to get all my seedlings started.  It's mid January and I need to get a move on.

So much to do, so little time here at Powell Cottage.

No comments: