ORGANIC GARDENING - SELF-SUFFICIENCY - CHICKENS - BEES - WATER CONSERVANCY/RECLAMATION - WILDLIFE - LIVING LOCALLY - KNITTING - FRUGAL LIVING - CONSTANT, CONTINUAL LEARNING

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Worms in the Compost! What could be better?!


Today, I decided to start using all of the precious chicken manure I have built up in the chicken run to give the new veggie bed a little push.  To my surprise there were a load of worms in the most composted area of the run.  And in one of the pictures you will see actual worm holes in the chunk of dirt I dug up.  Very cool!

Okay, for the working on goals report:

1.  I put in about 8 job applications between the middle of last week and the end of the week.
2.  To increase my food production...well...it was the coldest week in a while here, so I only got outside just today and the worms will have to do for this goal.
3.  Ways to make money at home.  Augh!  I haven't done a thing....next week!
4.  Improve my water reclamation...nothing...not really the right kind of weather for that lately.  Unless you consider that I should have saved the water that dripped off my frozen window when the thaw occurred!
5.  Solar energy:  I have a few books from the library and I requested a Harbor Freight catalog, aaaannnnddd I have going to do more internet research.
6.  Increase about my knowledge of webpages I have further training scheduled with my website guru and I did work on the Dallas Organic Garden site and my work was successful which makes me very happy!


All the good here at Powell Cottage.

No comments: